Essays on National Broadband Network Project Case Study

Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing

The paper "National Broadband Network Project" is an outstanding example of a management case study.   The National Broadband Network (NBN) has a signed mandate inform of a contract launched for the next two generations satellites. With the purpose of providing high-speed broadband to those living in rural and remote areas of Australia. With time the Government of Australia alongside the National Broadband Networks (NBN), has been upgrading the broadband speed to the satellite and fixed wireless networks thus providing a download speed of 25 megabits per second (Mbps) and an upload of 5 megabits per second(Mbps). This has led to those living in the rural, regional and remote areas gain access to broadband speed and capacity that exceeds that those people living in the cities currently.

With the above the federal government of Australia initiative of the provision of high-speed broadband access to a percentage of 100 of homes and businesses by combining fibre, satellite and fixed wireless technologies. This has made the initiative of the federal government of Australia come to be. Overview of the National Broadband Network (NBN) Project The broadband general meaning is a high speed that’ s always on, in other words, it’ s a link of communication that links by carrying information from one location to another.

In this case, the National Broadband Network (NBN), links homes and businesses to service providers. National Broadband Networks uses the following technologies fibre optic, wireless and satellite technology in the provision of high-speed internet to those in the rural and regional area of Australia. The National Broadband Network is a utility infrastructure for the public thus covers all the premises in Australia, also notable is that the National Broadband Network is built by the NBN Company Limited that’ s owned wholly by the Australian government.

The National Broadband Network consists of 93% of premises is fibre optic while the remaining 7% of the premises more so in the remote and rural areas get satellite and wireless connections at a fixed level. The National Broadband Network works in the following way that is National Broadband Network is used first for internet and carrying phone calls, with other more services like TV, video telephony, smart metering and in a future goal that’ s yet to be experienced is that of health monitoring.

To note is that one is still to buy the internet from the service providers like from Optus, iiNet, Telstra and Primus, but this doesn’ t mean that when connecting to one's premises one has to sign up a phone or services of the internet if one doesn’ t want to. Disconnection of the existing wire that is the copper wire for telephone network is done in stages while the National Broadband Network is rolled, while as for the areas that are using satellite and wireless copper network is to be maintained to a minimum of around ten years. A Network Termination Device or also known as the Network Broadband Network box is issued in one's premises thus with that one does have to or rather need to rewire the house.

Thus the National Broadband Network project occurring in an advanced in terms of technology since of its ability to provide an alternative to those living in the rural and remote areas of Australia, and an alternative that’ s efficient and sufficient in the context of broadband provision.

Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
Contact Us