The paper "Problems Associated with the Administrative Staff of Better Business Solutions" is an exceptional example of coursework on management. High work stress and de-motivation are the primary causes of problems associated with the administrative staff at Better Business Solutions. Moreover, the inappropriate management attitude that does not believe in implementing progressive measures for the administrative staff, makes the staff feel isolated and singled out. These factors further lead to problems like high turn over rates and information misuse on the part of the employees. Developing a flexible approach towards administrative staff by providing them technological support, making them feel like an important part of the organization, and not undermining the importance of their work to the organization can motivate this group to greatly contribute towards day to day functioning of Better Business Solutions. In addition, implementing various motivational strategies, opening communication channels, and recognizing the efforts of the administrative staff are some best practices that the organization can implement to control the problems associated with this working group. Introduction Effective administration is critical to an organization’ s day to day functioning.
With the changing facet of work techniques, globalization, expansion, and intervention of technology, the expectations from the administrative staff have also changed.
Moreover, the novel work environment has made the role of administrative staff in any organization, more challenging and complex. In this light, it is imperative to keep the administrative staff highly motivated to ensure smooth functioning. The role of administrative managers has also become significant with the change in work techniques. It is essential for the managers of administrative staff to understand the complex interlink between the changing role of administration, the impact of technology on administrative services, legal and ethical issues commonly faced by administrative workers, and human resource issues relating to administrative services.
This would enable them to manage the staff effectively, and also keep them committed and motivated.
Bower, J. E. & Segerstrom, S.C. ,Stress management, finding benefit, and immune function: positive mechanisms for intervention effects on physiology, 2004.
1. Carter McNamara, Basics About Employee Motivation, 2008
2. Colvin, Fred H. Labor turnover, loyalty and output: a consideration of the trend of the times as shown by the results of war activities in the machine shops and elsewhere.
3. Dijkstra, Eelco What Drives Logistics Professionals?, 2008
4. Elton Mayo, The Hawthorne Effect - Mayo Studies in Employee Motivation
5. How to Reduce and Manage Job and Workplace Stress, 2004.
9. Shehan Tom, How to retain employees: a high turnover rate is costly in both direct and indirect costs, 2005
10. Vijay Gawde, Information misuse at workplace and counter practices, 2005