The paper “ Competitive Operational Strategy” is a convincing example of a business assignment. The report concentrates on marketing strategies and other operational activities that enable a firm to have an active presence in the market. The steps taken to intervene in the problem and the discussions about the operational strategy models are present. The suggestion of strategies is in the part 2, according to data supplied and the analysis. 2. Literature ReviewAccording to well-settled market leaders in electronic operating systems, the innovation in the electronic operating systems helps in consolidating the market for any company.
As per this model and successful strategy adopted by Valtronic Technologies, electronic technology can contribute to life by refurbishing or changing the lost functions using miniatures systems. The next step after the selection of technology is excellence in the presentation of a product. Many industry leaders believe that the refurbishing of lost human functions in the product is a clear way to make the product excellent in its range. The search for excellence in products involves multidisciplinary competencies. This involves the adaptation to the human and participation in the early definition of the system with the customers.
This allows any company to understand the objectives, constraints, and risks implicated to derive the final product. This strategy involves building skilled creative teams that manage a number of aspects of a project. These range from the definition of the product to the final implementation in production. A good quality management system and teamwork lead to the development of an excellent product. The improvement of knowledge and skills allows any company's human resources to develop and challenge new ideas that enable them to reach objectives.
(Valtronic Technologies, 2008) In order to reach objectives, the four-stage model is relevant to the electronic industry like HES. In stage one, Hayes cites Slack and Lewis, the operations level contribution can be enhanced by enhancing the capability of operations employees. In the next stage, the operations function is made externally neutral by comparing with competitors.
1. Valtronic Technologies, 2008, Your Challenge our Passion, [online] available from
2. Lowson H. 2002, Strategic Operations Management: The New Competitive Advantage, [online] 1st edition, Kentucky: Routledge. Available from
3. Einarsson, 2006, Future Logistics Challenges, [online], 1st Edition, Copenhagen Business School Press: DK. Available from
4. Wes Iversen, 2006, Siemens Integrates Lean Software for Electronics Manufacturing, [online] edition information not available, Chicago: Automation World, Available from
5. D Love, 2007, Operations Strategy, Systems & Implementation, [Online] Edition Information not available, Birmingham: Aston University, Available from
6. National Research Council Staff. 1998, Visionary Manufacturing Challenges for 2020 [Online], I edition, Washington, DC, USA: National Academies Press, 1998. p 13. http://library.neumont.edu:2051/lib/nulibraries/Doc?id=10041123&ppg=29
7. National Research Council Staff. 1998, Visionary Manufacturing Challenges for 2020 [Online], I edition, Washington, DC, USA: National Academies Press, 1998. p 14. http://library.neumont.edu:2051/lib/nulibraries/Doc?id=10041123&ppg=30 [3rd May 2008]
8. Accenture, 2008, Global Trade: Are High Tech Manufacturers' Supply Chains Up To the Challenge? [Online], 12th Edition, Washington D.C: Accenture, Available from
9. Charles J. Corbett, 2001, Global Operations Strategy, [Online], edition information not available, Anderson Graduate School of Management: UCLA, Available from
10. RADA Electronic Industries, 2003, RADIF Annual Transition Report, [Online], edition information not available, Edgar Online: Norwalk, Available from < http://sec.edgar-online.com/2003/06/30/0001169232-03-004408/Section5.asp> [7th May 2008]
11. R.H. and Wheelwright K.B.C. (1988) Dynamic Manufacturing: creating the learning organization, [Online], edition information not available, Free Press; Collier Macmillan; London.