The paper "The Management and Production Project at Delamere Pottery Limited" is an outstanding example of a management assignment. The management activity that can introduce the new objectives or results in a change can be termed as project management. It comprises of a definite start and finishes time in the course of execution. The managers in the Delamere project have to raise awareness of the problems that may exist within the own environment due to the previous receivership of the company and reduction of the employee's number. The project managers and the teams need appropriate support.
This is because the project managers are responsible for achieving the objectives. This can improve the ability to cope with the problems in the course of execution of projects. The integration of different disciplines is needed. The standards proposed by the company will give the planning and guidelines for the execution of the project operations. The application of project management techniques should be within the scope of the project. For the purpose of project management in any enterprise, British standards will suggest the technical and organizational activities like configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting and configuration auditing.
The matrix organisation should have a structure that can group individuals into managers and other workers. The project should be a unique process that contains a set of coordinated and controlled activities with start and finish dates. Project management in the Pottery Industry 2.1 Overview: Any company in the pottery industry should think about the usage of pottery and earthenware and the promotion of its usage. In the modern world, the usage of pottery and earthenware was being costly and the majority of the people are preferring the metallic utensils that have a longer lifetime.
This obstacle can be overcome by the Delamere company as it manufactures mediocre cost vessels that can be afforded by middle-income families also.
The references are given in the Harvard referencing format in the following format
Author, year, title, Publisher or organization, edition, type of media, date retrieved, website address. When the author name was not mentioned, the organization name was mentioned in the place of author.
Any information regarding above format is not available, a gap has been left.
1. BSI, 2002, Project management, British Standard, ,electronic, 16-07-07, bsi-global.com
2. Heldman, Kim, 2005, Project Manager's Spotlight on Risk Management. CA, ,electronic, 16-07-07, http://site.ebrary.com/lib/nulibraries/Doc?id=10131929&ppg=16
3. Case study of Delamere pottery
4. Al-Qirim, Nabeel A.Y, 2003, Electronic Commerce in Small to Medium-Sized Enterprises: Frameworks, Issues and Implications Hershey, Idea Group Inc., ,electronic, 16-07-07,
5. Van Wijngaarden, Gert J, 2003, Use and Appreciation of Mycenaean Pottery in the Levant, Amsterdam University Press, , electronic, 16-07-07, http://site.ebrary.com/lib/columbiasouthern/Doc?id=10053691&ppg=129
6. Ricardo Chiva et al, 2005, Organisational learning styles and organizational values in the ceramic tile sector, Int. J. Learning and Change, Vol. 1, No. 1, electronic, 16-07-07, http://www.inderscience.com/storage/f117658429101312.pdf
7. European regional development fund, 1999, Urban pilot projects, Regional policy, inforegio, ,electronic, 16-07-07, http://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/urban2/urban/upp/src/bullet05.htm
8. Boer, Harry, 2005, Managing Innovative Manufacturing. Emerald Group Publishing Limited, , electronic, 16-07-07, http://site.ebrary.com/lib/nulibraries/Doc?id=10085696&ppg=8
9. Advanced automation team, 2007, In today’s world it is all about efficiency, Advanced automation.com, ,electronic, 17-07-07, http://www.advancedautomation.com/home/
10. Peter Kertzner, 2005, Process Control System Security Technical Risk Assessment: Analysis of Problem Domain, Institute for information infrastructure protection, ,electronic, 22-07-07, http://www.ffrdc.com/work/tech_papers/tech_papers_06/06_0045/06_0045.pdf