The paper “ Coca Cola Company - Traits of Doing Business, Leadership and Globalization Advancements” is a dramatic example of a business assignment. The Coca-Cola Company is a high-ranking company in the world dealing in the manufacture, production, and sales of non-alcoholic beverages. It is a publicly owned company and is listed on various stock exchanges beginning with the New York Stock Exchange. It has headquarters in Atlanta Georgia. It is currently head by Mr. Muhtar who is its President and CEO heading a workforce of more than 7000. The company has done a number of acquisitions in the U. S.
and also around the globe beginning with India. The company has a good financial base in its mother operations, in the U. S. that has seen it remain stable in most, if not all of its operations around the world. The company’ s revenue stands at the U. S. $ 48.1 billion as per the 2012 December. The company is well known for its Coca-Cola brand but has other brands such as Fanta and sprite that are doing well on various markets within and without the United States.
Despite the global standing, the company has been criticized on various fronts including the overuse of water in India, Health concerns of the products, and the violation of human rights among others. The company has been able to counter most of the allegations by using all the absolving measures possible, such as doing research on their products and getting the approval of various bodies such as the European Union. The company has also been involved in various lobbying campaigns and sponsorship programs that have helped the company connect with some of its stakeholders, besides gaining popularity.
Hence, the company is an outstanding example of various concepts of doing business, leadership theory, and globalization advancements. IntroductionIt is an American multinational company dealing in beverages. It manufactures markets as well as re-tails non-alcoholic beverage syrups and concentrates, and it has its headquarters in Atlanta Georgia. It is well known for its popular brand Coca-Cola that was invented by pharmacist John Stith Pemberton way back in 1886 in Columbus Georgia.
1. "Coca-Cola Company, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Feb 12, 2013". The Secdatabase .com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.
2. "Coca-Cola Company, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 23, 2012". The Secdatabase .com. Retrieved Feb 9, 2013.
3. "The Coca-Cola Brands". Coca-cola company.com. Retrieved 2013-3-13.
4. Barq's Root Beer: History, Coca-Cola, Retrieved January 2, 2013.
5. "Coke Buys Odwalla". (Oct. 30, 2001). CNN Money.http://money.cnn.com/2001/10/30/deals/coke_odwalla/
6. "Coke's China juice move collapses". BBC News. March 18, 2009. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
7. One Share of Stock Now Worth $9.8 Million -- Is It Really Possible?
8. Decades of Great Performance From 9 Dow Stocks
9. The Coca-Cola Company Dividends
10. Coca-Cola shareholders OK 2-for-1 stock split
11. "Center for Responsive Politics, Coca-Cola". Opensecrets.org. Nov 20, 2009. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
12. "NOBEL PEACE PRIZE: In 1964, award to King stirred a storm". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. December 10, 2002.
13. Andrew Young (1996). An Easy Burden. HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0-06-092890-2. OCLC 34782719.
14. "Coca-Cola Company, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 23, 2012". The Secdatabase .com. Retrieved Feb 9, 2013.
15. "Coke's China juice move collapses". BBC News. March 18, 2009. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
16. "Center for Responsive Politics, Coca-Cola". Opensecrets.org. Nov 20, 2009. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
17. "UK experts say Indian Coke 'safe'". BBC News. August 14, 2006. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
18. Sharma, Ashok (January 15, 2008). "Water in Coca-Cola in India pesticide-free". USA Today. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
19. "India Resource Center - How a Global Web of Activists Gives Coke Problems in India". Indiaresource.org. 2005-06-07. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
20. "Coca-Cola: Shareholder Resolution". Proxyinformation.com. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
21. "The Coca-Cola Case".
22. "Diet Coke plus: "Healthy" Soft Drink?" Diet-blog.com. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
23. "Best Global Brands Ranking for 2010". Interbrand.com. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
24. Coca-Cola West Japan IR report (in Japanese), 2008.
25. Tucker, Sun deep (March 18, 2009). "China blocks Coca-Cola bid for hui yuan". Financial Times (Hong Kong). Retrieved March 18, 2009.
26. (PDF) 2011 Annual Report, retrieved 2013-01-04
27. "History of Bottling". The Coca-Cola Company.
28. August W. Giebelhaus (May 13, 2008). "Coca-Cola Company". The New Georgia Encyclopedia. Georgia Humanities Council.
29. "Coca-Cola Company". Source Watch. Center for Media and Democracy.
30. "Coca-Cola Co". Lobbying Database. The Center for Responsive Politics.