Essays on The Marketing Mix of Pal Dog Food Case Study

Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing

  The paper entitled "The Marketing Mix of Pal Dog Food" is a great example of a Marketing Case Study. This report aims to give the results of the research that I did research in the Australian market which is the pal dog food. This food for dogs is so common in the Australian market (Mirren & Bieber 2010)). This food has a sweet smell that can attract any dog. This food is made in Australia to cater for the needs of the Australian dogs and beyond. The market in Australia has been changing regularly, which has forced many organizations to conduct research in the market to know how best they improve their performance in the market.

Also, competition has been stiff leading to scramble for the market share. In this regard, firms are trying to maximize their output and minimize input through effective scanning of the environment. Pal dog is majorly manufactured by master foods which also manufactures other foods the pal dog food. Pal dog food provides nutritious elements required by the dog. In this report, I will discuss the target market for pal dog foods and the needs of this target market.

I will also discuss the marketing mix of the product which is the product, place, price, and promotion of the product. Furthermore, I will discuss the competitive advantage and how the marketing mix elements are applied by the organization to gain a competitive advantage. Finally, I will evaluate the strategies which are used by the organization and if the firm has successfully implemented the marketing mix to gain a competitive advantage. The target market of pal dog food Due to the changing consumption habits of dogs in Australia, there was a need to develop pal dog food (Kennedy 2011).

The target market for this product is the people who keep dogs. The majority of the dogs which consume this food are kept in cities therefore the target market will people living in big cities like Sydney. However, the cities will only provide 80 percent of the target market while the other 20 percent target market will people in the rural areas who keep dogs. Besides the eating culture of the dogs in Australia they will also get adequate nutrients because the food is rich in proteins and vitamins.

The market will further be segmented according to demographic factors, behavioral factors and geographical factors (Kottler 2000). Geographical factors The target market will be segmented into the urban market and the rural market (Kottler 2000). The urban market will provide about 80 percent of the target market and the rural market will provide 20percent of the target market. The purpose of segmenting the market into rural and urban areas is to be able to develop appropriate pricing strategies for each segment as well as to identify the different needs of each market segment. Behavioral factors The dog owners have different behaviors that lead to different consumptions of the food (Blythe 2001).

The dogs themselves can change their eating habits and this can lead to different segments according to the behavior of the dogs and the owners. For example, some dog keepers would like their dogs to consume large volumes of the pal dog foods like 400 grams in a day while others would their dogs with 200 grams in a day.

This different consumption of pal dog food segments the target market into heavy consumers and little consumers.

References

Assail, H. Reed, P & Patton, M. (1995). Marketing: principles and strategy. Australia: Harcourt Brace.

Ahmed, P. & Rafique, M. (2002). Internal marketing: Tools and concepts for customer

Focused management. Oxford: Butterworth Heinemann.

Bebco, C. (2000). Service intangible and its impact on customers’ expectations of

Service quality, The journal of service marketing, 14(1), 9-26.

Blythe, J. (2001). Essentials of Marketing, London: Prentice Hall.

Dann, S. (2007). Competitive Marketing Strategy. Sydney: Pearson.

Dev, S. & Schultz, D. (2005). Marketing Management, Journal of Marketing, 14(2), 36-42.

Ertimur, B. & Venkatesh, A. (2010). Opportunism in co-production: Implications for

Value Co-creation, Australasian Marketing Journal, 18, 256–263.

Joseph, K. (2011). Integrated Marketing Communication: A Catalyst for the growth of

business management. The Social Sciences, 6(2), 64-73.

Kotler, P. (2000). Marketing management. New Jersey: Prentice hall.

Kennedy, G. (2011). Pal dog food. Retrieved 8th May 2013,

Online http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsn17SbukRY

Lings, I. (2000). Internal marketing and supply chain management, The journal of services marketing, 14(1), 27-43.

Mirren, H. & Bieber, J. (2010). Pal complete dog food. Retrieved 8th May 2013, http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1413079s

Randall, G. (2001). Principles of Marketing, 2edn. London: Thomson Learning.

Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
Contact Us