Essays on The Daman Insurance Company Case Study

Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing

The paper "The Daman Insurance Company" is a great example of a Marketing Case Study. Daman is among the well-recognized health insurance companies in UAE with the Abu-Dhabi governing owning 80% of it and the remaining 20% being owned by Munich Re from Germany. This firm was started in the year 2005. The report has undertaken to discuss the situational analysis of Daman Insurance in the UAE. Daman Insurance offers a wide range of health policy plans which address the various health needs of the different groups of people in the UAE.

The primary reason for selecting Daman Insurance for analysis is its ability to have the financial muscle to strive through the changing economic times and their marketing strategies that have made them among the most successful insurance firms in the region. The report will, therefore, seek to undertake a marketing audit and situational analysis of Daman Insurance through assessment of various aspects of their business environment, target market, competition analysis, brand positioning, value proposition, and the organizational performance. Environmental Analysis PESTEL Analysis Political Factors (0.1) The Daman Insurance Company is categorized as a joint-stock public firm where the government of Abu Dhabi possesses 80% of it, and Munich Re, which is Germany-based possesses the remaining 20% (Gillespie, 2007).

This significant ownership of Daman by the government follows the fact that health insurance has been made compulsory in that country which then means that there is a significant political intervention in the company (Gillespie, 2007). Since the Abu Dhabi government owns a large share of Daman, they can drive for the implementation of employer-sponsored plans especially because a large population in Abu Dhabi is expatriates and is working class.

Since the Abu Dhabi government is firmly on the side of Daman in UAE, the political factor has been ranked at +3. Economic Factors 0.1 The consumer income plays a significant role in the determination of the economic factors that impact Daman Company. As the consumers earn more income, it will lead to enhanced disposable income levels where individuals will tend to spend more so ensure that their health is secured through taking up the various insurance claims (Gillespie, 2007). Daman could choose to shift towards the adoption of a consumer-oriented mindset.

This will enable the firm to offer different options for the consumers in both the private and public exchanges and in turn attract more clients. Given that most people in UAE are expatriates and are working, there is a tendency of economic security which will be favorable for Daman hence a rank of +2.5. Social Factors 0.1 The social environment, in this case, will primarily focus on the societal values of the individuals in the UAE. Most of the people in the UAE are working which means that they have a significantly elevated social value on life and health security (Gillespie, 2007).

Daman could provide a wide variety of insurance claims and tap into specific health needs of different individuals across all ages to ensure that all the health requirements of all individuals are included in the range of insurance plans. The society and its values are constantly subject to change especially if the firm does not work to suit these set societal values which present a risk for Daman and consequently a rank of -2.

References

Abuelkhair, M., Abdu, S., Godman, B., Fahmy, S., Malmström, R.E. and Gustafsson, L.L., 2012, Imperative to consider multiple initiatives to maximize prescribing efficiency from generic availability: case history from Abu Dhabi. Expert review of pharmacoeconomics & outcomes research, 12(1), pp.115-124.

Al-Jenaibi, B 2014, Disparities between UAE and other Public Relations Professionals: Challenges, Opportunities, and Cultural Obstacles, UAE.

Al-Jenaibi, B 2015, Current issues about public relations professionals: challenges and potentials of PR in UAE organisations. Middle East Journal of Management, 2(4), pp.330-351.

Bekkin, R.I 2007, Islamic insurance: national features and legal regulation. Arab Law Quarterly, 21(1), pp.3-34.

Damodaran, M.A 2013, Health Insurance in the United Arab Emirates: An Overview. In XVI National Seminar on Hospital & Healthcare Management, Medico Legal Systems & Clinical Research (p. 33).

Gibson, J.M., Thomsen, J., Launay, F., Harder, E. and DeFelice, N 2013, Deaths and medical visits attributable to environmental pollution in the United Arab Emirates. PloS one, 8(3), p.e57536.

Gillespie, A 2007, PESTEL analysis of the macro-environment. Foundations of Economics, Oxford University Press, USA.

Hajat, C., Harrison, O and Al Siksek, Z 2012, Weqaya: a population-wide cardiovascular screening program in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. American journal of public health, 102(5), pp.909-914.

Hamidi, S and Akinci, F 2015, Examining the health care payment reforms in Abu Dhabi. The International journal of health planning and management, 30(2), pp. 1-10.

Hamidi, S., Abouallaban, Y., Alhamad, S. and Meirambayeva, A 2016, Patient cost-sharing for ambulatory neuropsychiatric services in Abu Dhabi, UAE. International journal of mental health systems, 10(1), p.34.

Hassan, R., Sher, H.A., Khokhar, R. and Hussain, R 2017, Pharmaceutical Policy in the UAE. In Pharmaceutical Policy in Countries with Developing Healthcare Systems (pp. 365-379). Springer International Publishing.

Koornneef, E.J., Robben, P.B., Al Seiari, M.B and Al Siksek, Z 2012, Health system reform in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Health Policy, 108(2), pp.115-121.

Kreiser, T., Grabosch, A., Kottmair, S. and Brock, P 2011, March. Behaviour modification within a population health management programme for diabetics and obese insured in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Dhabi. In International Congress on Telehealth and Telecare (Vol. 1, p. 3).

Sadek, M.M., Elnour, A.A., Al Kalbani, N.M., Bhagavathula, A.S., Baraka, M.A., Aziz, A.M.A. and Shehab, A 2016, Community pharmacy and the extended community pharmacist practice roles: The UAE experiences. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal, 24(5), pp.563-570.

Sharif, A.A., Blair, I., Taha, N.F and Tom, L 2013, Health systems in the United Arab Emirates: progression, challenges and future directions. International Journal of Behavioural and Healthcare Research, 4(3-5), pp.270-282.

Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
Contact Us