The paper "IEC 20000 Standard for the Business" is a perfect example of an information technology essay. This research will present and discuss the ISO/IEC 20000 standard for the business. In this research, I have to find out an organization that has applied ISO/IEC 20000 standards for better business management, handling and execution. This research will discover the company and potential benefits of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard implementation. Introduction The International Organization for Standardization extensively recognized as ISO is a Global-standard setting organization consists of councils from a variety of national standards organizations.
It was established on 23 February 1947, the association propagated international proprietary manufacturing and business standards. Its head office is in Geneva, Switzerland (ISO, 2009). ISO basically started life in 1971 as Insurance Services Office. Although they still provide the casualty or assets insurance market their industry has extended very much. Therefore, in current years, they have not utilized the old name in mainly of their infrastructure with clients and others (ISO, 2009). This report is going to provide a deep analysis of the ISO standard ISO/IEC 20000 implementation for business.
In this report, I will elaborate on the main idea behind business standardization and certification. Business selected: I have researched the list of all companies which have achieved certification of ISO/IEC 20000 from the website http: //www. isoiec20000certification. com. I have chosen the country United States of America. The business I have selected for this report is the BT Atlanta Data Centre (ISO/IEC-20000, 2009). BT Atlanta Data Centre BT Atlanta Data Centre is a qualified association beneath the itSMF ISO/IEC 20000 official recognition system. This qualification was issued on 11 August 2008 through LRQA Management Systems Operations (ISO/IEC-20000, 2009).
BT Atlanta Data Centre incorporated this certification for the potential enhancement in the IT Service Management System employed to hold up the availability of the of IT Hosting as well as “ Managed Application Services” to outside clients in the BT-Americas-Atlanta-Data Centre.
1. BT-Data-Centre-Facilities . (2009). BT Data Centre Facilities . Retrieved 08 31, 2009, from http://www2.bt.com/btPortal/application;JSESSIONID_btPortalWebApp=KZ5fK48FWSBXV1F52tCST7ypY2bsHvrYvBS2JN5hyglDTQFbp6lX!-844220753?origin=mb_subcat_prod.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=mb_pns_catalogue&portletid=mb_pns_catalogu
2. David Clifford, J. v. (2008). Implementing ISO/IEC 20000 Certification: The Roadmap. . ISBN 908753082X: ITSM Library. Van Haren Publishing.
3. Holt, J. D. (2009, 08 30). ISO/IEC 20000 and ITIL - The Difference Explained. Retrieved 08 31, 2009, from http://www.best-management-practice.com/Knowledge-Centre/Guest-Writer/ITIL/?DI=571307
4. ISO. (2009). ISO Certificate. Retrieved 08 31, 2009, from http://www.iso.org/iso/home.htm
5. ISO/IEC 20000 Certification-2. (2009). What is ISO/IEC 20000 Certification? . Retrieved 08 31, 2009, from www.isoiec20000certification.com/index.asp: http://www.isoiec20000certification.com/certification/index.asp
6. ISO/IEC-20000. (2009). Certified Organisation. Retrieved 08 31, 2009, from Country: http://www.isoiec20000certification.com/lookupdetail.asp?LookupID=181
7. ITIL. (2008, March 14). ITIL Service Management . Retrieved 08 31, 2009, from http://itservicemngmt.blogspot.com/
8. Technixpro. (2009). Corporate Training. Retrieved 08 31, 2009, from ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certification Exam Preparation : http://technixpro.com/outline.php?Course=ISO20KF
9. Wincor. (2009). Best practice with ITIL® and ISO/IEC 20000. Retrieved 08 31, 2009, from http://www.wincor-nixdorf.com/internet/site_EN/EN/BusinessTopics/ITIL/ITIL_node.html