Essays on Cadbury Drinking Chocolate Australian Marketing Case Study

Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing

The paper "Cadbury Drinking Chocolate Australian Marketing " is a wonderful example of a Marketing Case Study. The purpose of this report is to conduct market auditing of Cadbury drinking chocolate. The report helps to identify the target market of the product and to assess how the target market will be segmented. It also analyses the marketing mix of the product that is the product price, place, and promotion. Finally, this report analyses how the competitive advantage will be achieved through the effective application of the marketing mix. A. 1 Australian market audit The target market for Cadbury drinking chocolate will be young people age between ten years and the age of thirty years.

This is because at this age they tend to like such kinds of staff. This target group will provide 90% of the market share for the drinking chocolate. The other market share of 10 percent will be provided by the consumers of the above 30 years of age. The reason for choosing this age is because Australia’ s high population consists of young people hence they will provide a large share of the market. The target market will be divided into different segments on the basis of their geographical location, demographic segmentation, psychographic basis and the behavior of the customers (Cohen 2005).

Geographical segmentation will be segmented into rural areas, urban areas, and cities like the Sydney in Southern Australia. The target market will also be segmented by demographic factors like gender that is female and male segments, religious segments which are Muslims, Christians, and Hindus (Baker 2000). The target market will also be segmented according to different age structures between the age of 10 to 20 years of age to in the same segment and the age between 20 years and thirty years to be in the same segment.

Finally, the target market will be segmented according to high-income earners class, middle-class income earners, and low-class income earners. The effect of the income is to set different prices like the high-income earners class will be charged higher than the middle class and the lower class income earners. The needs of this target market include getting the benefits of buying the products.

The customers will aim to maximize their income hence they will expect to get the best out of the products they will buy. They will also need to have the product at their disposal. This can be achieved by effective distribution channels. The target market will need to satisfy their needs by getting a high-quality product hence the product needs to be of great benefit. Finally, the customer demands include the desire to get a variety of products of the Cadbury drinking chocolate like mint flavors. A. 2 The marketing mix 1.

1 The product The product I have chosen for this market auditing research is the Cadbury drinking chocolate. The product will be of high quality so as to meet the quality requirements of the customers (Blythe 2001). The Cadbury drinking chocolate will be of mint flavors and different sweets like which are Mars Maltesers, mars reveals Cadbury dream egg and basset refreshers. These different sweets will meet the different tastes and preferences of the customers.

References

Auken, V 2002, The Brand Management Checklist, London, Kogan Page.

Baker, M 2000, Marketing Management and Strategy, New York, Macmillan Business.

Blythe, J 2001, Essentials of Marketing, London, Prentice Hall.

Cohen, A 2005, The Marketing Plan, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

Dann, S 2007, Competitive Marketing Strategy, Pearson, Sydney.

Dann, S & Dann, S 2011, e Marketing, Palgrave Macmillan, Bassingstoke.

Dev, S & Schultz, D 2005, Marketing Management, Journal of Marketing, Vol.14, No.2, p. 36- 42.

Ertimur, B & Venkatesh, A 2010, Opportunism in co-production: Implications for

Value Co-creation, Australasian Marketing Journal, Vol.18, p. 256–263.

Golder, P 2000, Insights from senior executives about innovation in international

Markets, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp 326-340

Joseph, K 2011, Integrated Marketing Communication: A Catalyst for the growth of

ebusiness management, The Social Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 2, p. 64-73.

Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
Contact Us