Essays on Exporting Lamb to the Saudi Arabian Market - the Impact of Culture on the Production Process Case Study

Tags: IslamNATO
Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing

The paper “ Exporting Lamb to the Saudi Arabian Market— the Impact of Culture on the Production Process" is a dramatic example of case study on business. The government of Saudi Arabia has considered trade and business as one of the most important issues in the country. This aspect has always existed since the 18th century. It was noted that during the 18th century, the spread of education was highly spread by the Wahhabi movement due to the spread of Islamic education came along with it. It is fundamental to highlight Islamic education played a very fundamental role in ensuring that the trade level was improved in Saudi Arabia.

This is due to the fact Saudi Arabia is majorly composed of people of the Muslim faith. This made a trade to be highly recognized as the ultimate way of attaining development in the country. Islamic education was majorly used in ensuring that Muslims knew and observed the Islamic laws and mostly in trade. This resulted in memorizing of the Quran by the Islam faithful. It is worth noting that by the end of the 19th century, Islamic trade was replaced to a greater extent with the modern business.

This resulted in the establishment of different sectors that offered trade not specifically supported by religion. It must be noted that non-religious trading was very important in the enhancement of development due to the fact that the country had begun to increase in population and religion had begun to diversify. The introduction of modern trade resulted in the establishment of markets and shops where the trade took place. This was a very good improvement that resulted in the development of the business sector.

The trading system of Saudi Arabia derives most of its basic principles from the Islam faith. This is due to the fact that Islam is the most prevalent and common faith in the kingdom (Brown, 2000). Case studyThe trade of any particular product is determined by demand and when demand declines the business also goes down. This is not an exception in the trade of lambs and the demand for lamb in Australia has in the decline in recent days since the 1990s the business is largely declining.

As viewed by the experts the decline in the demand and the trade, in general, can be attributed to the most publicized shift from the consumption of the red meat to the consumption of the white meat and more specifically the fish and chicken. Human beings worldwide have begun a campaign for healthy consumption. However, in recent years the Australians have started to export their lambs and looking for markets out of their country so as to increase the available market for their lamb in the overseas markets.

In Australia, approximately130000 lamb is produced and supplied annually. Around 40% of the supplied lambs are sold locally in Australia and the remaining 60% is sold overseas. Saudi Arabia is one of the major importers of the Australian lamb (Parker, 2006). With the increasing population of Saudi Arabia, a protein supply increase is necessary. One of the major sources of proteins is meat and especially the lamb meat however Saudi Arabia has no capacity to produce lamb to the required level due to the large part of their land being a desert.

However, only 1 % of Saudi Arabia’ s land is cultivated and this is not sufficient for lamb production. Shortages of water, extremely high temperatures, and a rapid population increase have made it difficult for the government of Saudi Arabia to establish an organized market for the lamb. This makes Saudi Arabia become more reliant on importing lamb and other food items. Saudi Arabia having a population of 20 million, and the majority being Muslim, consumption of lamb gets a notch high. This is because lamb consumption has a history among the Muslim which has been a part of their long time culture and the cultural heritage to the Arabs.

The cultural heritage has made it a good business for the Arabs to consume lambs and to improve the business (Parker, 2006).  

Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
Contact Us